Hawaii Life Referral Team Policy
Our Marketing, Tech and Customer Experience Teams work extremely hard, and the Company invests a lot of time and money, to provide a steady stream of "Leads" and "Referrals" for both Listing Agents and the Agents on the Hawaii Life Referral Team. Becoming a part of this Referral Team is an honor and should be treated as such.
Due to the size of our marketing efforts, not all Leads are interested in purchasing real estate in Hawaii...at least not now. Most of the inquiries we receive are from people who just want to know what its like to live in such a beautiful place – and we're happy to help them. We just don't want to do it at the expense of our agents' valuable time.
Customer Experience is the first point of interaction with any customer or client who contacts Hawaii Life online or via the company’s phone numbers. Their job is to provide customer service, and to assist and incubate Leads. When a Lead is ready to work with a Real Estate Agent, Customer Experience will make the introduction and the Lead then becomes a Referral to the agent.
Customer Experience helps people visiting our website, and they also help Hawaii Life Agents. For instance, if you are not actively working with a Referral (e.g. not logging communication or setting up tasks in Salesforce) Customer Experience may, on your behalf, further incubate the Referral – giving you a better chance to earn a sale.
To become a part of the Referral Team, Agents must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the Training and Quiz
- Learn to log communication and setup tasks in Salesforce.
- Install Salesforce mobile app
- Install Google Hangouts App and sign in with @hawaiilife.com account. iOS install link | Andriod install link Customer Experience chat communication for Referrals.
- Watch the Lead Sales Process video
- Complete the Referral Team Application
- Update and maintain your online presence, including social accounts.
(Failure to follow these rules may result in probation or removal from the Referral Team):
- Any inquiry made from the Company's website, paid advertising or main toll-free number* qualifies as a company-owned Lead and, once introduced to an agent, Referral. (*Note that the company maintains a separate toll-free number for yard signs.)
- Referrals are distributed at the sole discretion of the Broker-In-Charge, Director of Customer Experience, and/or Principal Broker.
- Referrals distributed (from the company to Agents) belong to the Company and do not expire. The Referral may, at any time, be reassigned at the Company's discretion. Deleting a Referral from Salesforce or taking any action to subvert the company's access to the Referral are grounds for immediate dismissal.
- If a Referral is already the Agent's existing Client, a referral fee will not be charged. A "Client" is defined as a person who the Agent has had an existing active contract with (e.g. Buyer's Representation Agreement, Purchase Contract, Listing Agreement) prior to that Agent receiving the Referral. Any other exceptions must be approved by both the BIC and the Director of Customer Experience.
- An Agent may not refer a company Referral to another Agent. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- If you receive a Referral that is an active Client, you must notify Customer Experience or the Director of Customer Experience within 48 hours (BICs and the Principal Broker do not count). Failure to do so will result in the standard 30% referral fee to the Company. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- You must be on Google Hangouts to receive a Referral. It is recommended that you chat Customer Experience and let them know you are available.
- If Customer Experience chats you asking if you are available, DO NOT accept unless you are actually ready to service the Referral. Do let Customer Experience know when you will be ready, because you may still get the Referral.
- If the Referral leaves a phone number, you MUST CALL them and log the conversation in Salesforce.
- Referrals must be responded to within 5 minutes and the activity logged in Salesforce within 15 minutes.
- It is required that you learn to BCC to Salesforce. BCC all email correspondence with Referrals to your Salesforce email account.
- Agents must maintain an active online presence by blogging once a month and posting to Facebook on a regular basis.
A 30% referral fee to Hawaii Life off the top for all Referrals, and then Agents will be paid at their regular commission split. One transaction per referral client, only.
- If a HL buyer lead buys a Hawaii Life listing = 20% referral to Lead Team on buy side and 10% referral to listing agent on buy side.
- If a HL buyer lead buys a HL listing lead = 30% referral to Lead Team on sell side AND 30% referral to Lead Team on buy side. (i.e. no 10% referral to listing agent if listing was also a lead.)
- If a HL listing lead sells to a non-Hawaii Life buyer = 30% referral to Lead Team on sell side.
- If a HL listing lead sells to a Hawaii Life buyer that is not a HL buyer lead = 30% referral to Lead Team on sell side.
- Inquiries on Hawaii Life listings will be shared with the Listing Agent. If the Listing Agent sells the Lead a property, there will not be a referral fee.
- If a Hawaii Life listing is sold through Customer Experience, the Listing Agent will receive an additional 10% on top of their normal split.
- Listing Agents may not hand out Leads as a Referral to another Agent unless that Agent is a team member of the Listing Agent and all MLS credit and commissions are given to the Listing Agent.
How Are Referrals Distributed?
The rotation of Referrals is organic, based on quality of service, sales, follow up logged in Salesforce and availability on Google chat.
The Principal Broker, BIC, Director of Customer Experience and/or Director of Sales will conduct audits of Referrals and their contact history.
The purpose of an audit is to ensure that all inquires are being responded to in a timely fashion. In addition, the Principal Broker, BIC, Director of Customer Experience, Customer Experience and/or Director of Sales may request from a Buyers’ Agent any information about a particular Referral, such as an update, any missing emails and/or notes for phone calls.